Subaru Staff Presentations Program
Staff at Subaru Telescope can provide short tours of the Hilo Base Facility and give presentations for general audience. We are also able to visit your classroom to give a presentation that is tailored for the grade level. Please give us one month’s notice to arrange a presentation. Note that we cannot always meet your requests.
Possible topics of our presentation
- Recent scientific results from Subaru Telescope
- Subaru telescope as a showcase of advanced technologies
- Introducing various works at Subaru Telescope
- Enrichment lecture for a science class for K-12 and University students with the latest news
We can tailor the contents of the presentations to the interest of your group. Write your specific requests in the following form.
How to Request a Presentation
Please fill out the request form below and fax or mail it to the Subaru Public Information and Outreach Office 1 month before your desired date.
If you cannot download the request form, contact us through this web form. We will send you the request form by fax or mail.
Return the request form to:
Public Information and Outreach Office
Postal address: 650 North A'ohoku Place, Hilo, HI 96720, U.S.A.
Preparation at Your Classroom
We use PC + Microsoft Powerpoint file for our presentation. Please prepare a projector, a projector screen, and a wagon that the projector can be placed on. If you prefer other presentation method, please let us know.
Directions to the Hilo Base Facility
The Base Facility for Subaru Telescope is in Hilo, Hawai'i (the Big Island). Follow these directions to get to the Base Facility from Hilo International Airport:
- Turn left at Kanoelehua Avenue,
- Turn right onto Puainako Street at the fourth traffic signal,
- Turn right onto Komohana Street at the T-intersection at the end of the street,
- Turn right at the sign "University of Hawaii at Hilo, University Park",
- Turn left at the first intersection,
- The base facility is the green and white building on the left at the end of the street.
Please contact us through this web form or contact your staff host directly.