Visiting Subaru Telescope for Telescope/Instrument work
Upon your arrival at Subaru Telescope
- Please provide your emergency contact and insurance information to the Operation Center upon your arrival.
During your stay at Subaru Telescope
- Hilo base facility
Hilo facility building is open from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Building remains closed during weekends and holidays.
- Visitor Room
Visitor room (Room 204) is available during your stay.
Network cables are available in the visitor room. Please contact our system administrator if you plan to connect your computer to our network.
Please coply with our safety procedure during your stay at Subaru Telescope.
- Transportation between Hilo and Summit
Please consult with our staff regarding your transportation to the summit facility. Your options are;
- ride with our staff
- use shuttle provided by Subaru Telescope
- arrange by yourself
- Hilo to HP: departs Hilo base facility at 13:30 (Arrive HP at 14:30)
- HP to Hilo: departs HP at 14:30 (Arrive Hilo at 15:30)
- Working at the summit facility
Acclimatization at HP is required before working at the summit. Please follow below guideline before going up to the summit.
- Before staying at the summit in 8 hours or less, at least 0.5 hour of acclimatization is recommended.
- Before staying at the summit in between 8 hours and 14 hours, at least 8 hour of acclimatization is recommended.
- Hale Pohaku accommodation
Please specify your accommodation schedule on your visitor form. Operation Center will make your Hale Pohaku reservation.
If you need to change your reservation, please contact Operation Center.
Please contact Operation Center for any other inquiries.
TEL: +1-808-934-5000 (Wakako Nakano)